Wednesday, March 05, 2008

DAR AL HARB-FRANCE: SELLING "COOL ISLAM" TO THE STUPID & IGNORANT FRENCH DHIMMI

French Muslims promote 'cool Islam'
By Robert Pigott

...

'Common values'

Medine - whose rap is more pleading than angry - is also part of a generational shift.
I've decided to talk about some of my values in my album - but it's not to say that my religion is best, or to say 'join my religion'

His raps set out to "sell" Islam to French society. But he doesn't emphasise Islam's religious dogma, stressing instead what he says are the universal principles it shares with Western society.

"I think that in all religions today, there are common human values", says Medine.

"I don't think that sharing is unique to Islam, or that generosity is unique to Catholicism, or love is unique to Judaism."

"I've decided to talk about some of my values in my album, but it's not to say that my religion is best or to say 'join my religion'. Not at all."

...


Pertinent Links:

1) French Muslims promote 'cool Islam'

No comments: