Saturday, February 09, 2008

DAR AL HARB-NETHERLANDS: KORAN = FASCIST BOOK..."OURS IS A GREAT DEAL BETTER THAN A STUNTED ISLAMIC CULTURE"

Muslim critic calls Koran a "fascist book"

The Hague, 8 Feb. (AKI) - Dutch politician Geert Wilders has described the
Koran as a "fascist book" and reaffirmed what he calls "the clear superiority of Christian culture over that of Muslims."

His views were published in an interview with the Italian newspaper, La Stampa, on Friday.

Wilders, a member of the Dutch lower house since 1998, heads the Party for Freedom that he founded and supports greater restrictions on immigration.

He is a vocal critic of Islam and will release a film in March on the Koran, which is already generating widespread controversy.

"I have no intention of inciting hatred," Wilders told the Italian daily. " I don't have anything against Muslims but I hate the Koran.

"I have a big problem with their writing and I want to be free to say that. If I don't do it, no-one will do it. Europe is soaked in cultural relativism, an illusion because equality between cultures does not exist.

"Ours is great deal better than a stunted Islamic (culture)."

Asked whether he might be killed like Dutch film director Van Theo van Gogh, murdered by jihadist Dutch-Moroccan Mohammed Bouyeri in 2004, Wilders said it was certainly possible.

"Many tell me I should change my attitude and choose dialogue. But if I want to respect my voters, I cannot," he said.

"It would be like declaring victory for the extremists. I know they will never assert themselves in a democratic society.

"I will never accept compromises or modify my tone only because my life is in danger."





Pertinent Links:

1) Muslim critic calls Koran a "fascist book"

No comments: